The one day team seems to be on a roll. Forget the tests, the team seems to believe in instant gratification. As an arm-chair cricket enthusiast My Re. 0.02 on the current state of the team.
1. Give Viru a rest - making him play will just destroy his confidence. He is flamboyant, let him go back to First Class cricket for a season. (I know, now that I have written this, Sehwag is going to make a big one in the next match. Simple Murphy's law)
2. Get Gambhir in. He should be playing a lot more. The boy is high on confidence.
3. Don't abuse Pathan. He is GOLD. But come on, let's not abuse him
4. Give Greg Chappel some classes in the Indian culture. India is very different from OZ. He needs to know that the birdie in India is not given a PG certificate. Keep mum and get on with your work, mate!
5. Have a national campaign along with Pulse Polio, for the masses. Let's not react to every duck. But well, this is religion and a dogma is a dogma is a dogma (sic!).
6. Get some better pitches. We love to win. Our pitches are good. All pitches should be like Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi. The best way to train ourselves for the World Cup. Come on get some swing!
7. Get the top order in line. The pressure builds on Dravid every time the top order fails and the law of averages will soon catch up with him. We do not want that to happen during the World Cup, do we?
8. Let the stock markets boom. This is quite a bit a corollary to what I had learnt a while back. There has been a study that has linked the Dow average performance with the length of the hemline in fashion during that particular time. Could there be some kind of a statistical correlation between the Sensex and the fortunes of the Indian cricket team? Why risk it?
I guess, I could be a very good team manager. Well, nevertheless.