Saturday, September 09, 2017

The Balance Sheet of Ability!

One of the kids got up with a pain in her ear  this morning. So, Papa dear rushed with her to the ENT. Well, the darling kid had a talk with Papa and composed and carried herself with absolute co-operation with the doctor. Papa was surprised. Kid talk with Mumma on "Mumma - <<KidName> did not cry at the doctor". That's a proud moment!

But that's not what I am writing about. While waiting our turn with the doctor, I saw a very interesting quote framed in the doctor's waiting room:

ABILITY

without

DEPENDABILITY, FLEXIBILITY and RESPONSIBILITY

is a

LIABILITY

:-) That was a Eureka moment! Wow! So, aptly put. (While writing this, I found that this is quoted in Shiv Khera's You Can Win. Kudos). That's what so many of us miss out on. Each of us has great skill-set. But no one could have put it better. 

In fact, if I coud add to it, Dependability, Flexibility and Responsibility, even with lesser Ability is still an Asset. In the many years that I have worked, I know of some gem of people who might not have the best of Ability, but their Dependability, Flexibility and sense of Responsibility has been exemplary, and they have been Assets wherever they have been! 

Well done to them! If there's something that I would like to inherit as my strengths and leave behind as a legacy, then those are definitely the above three traits that make an asset! 

DEPENDABILITY, FLEXIBILITY & RESPONSIBILITY even with less ABILITY is still an  ASSET
Theorem & Corollary

No comments: